Meeting videos

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Tue Mar 23 08:27:07 PST 2004

Does anyone convert the meetings that are taped (VHS I assume) into something
electronically transferable?  I'd love to get an MPG or AVI file I could
download and watch at my leisure on the airplane, rather than emailing a
request for a physical tape, having to find a VCR and time to watch it, and
then mailing the tape back.  Since moving away from the Bay Area, I've missed
the meetings, and as a consultant working at client sites, don't have access to
MBONE 99.9% of the time (is it even still being broadcast there?)

These days with broadband connections, I'd think electronic versions would be
feasible.  You can compress an hour or more of video into a file that will fit
on a CD and still have very good quality (at least, good enough for a laptop).
--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");