writeups

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Fri Jun 18 13:16:13 PDT 2004

Chuck Yerkes wrote:

> MBONE *is* more modern.  I feel about it like I did when people
> were all excited about CompuServe mail;  "but we have this inter-net
> thing here..."

Yeah, and it's live and cool and all, but I have 2 problems with it:

	1) It's live; it's not something I can download the next day
	2) If I don't control the firewall at my client site, I don't
	   get access to the MBONE, typically.

So while the MBONE may still be useful and nifty, I'd *still* like to see
something downloadable; it shouldn't be hard to run the camera into a splitter,
sending one signal to the VHS and another to a video capture card capable of
recording an MPEG-4 stream...  *THAT* is something I'd pay $35/year for, since
I can't show up at meetings anymore.

Rich