writeups

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Fri Jun 18 12:31:55 PDT 2004

>Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:17:59 -0400
>From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+baylisa at snew.com>
>To: baylisa at baylisa.org
>Subject: writeups
>Sender: owner-baylisa at baylisa.org

>MBONE *is* more modern.  I feel about it like I did when people
>were all excited about CompuServe mail;  "but we have this inter-net
>thing here..."

:-}

>> to the list or the web site?  SAGE does these (conference reports) in their
>> magazine, and I find them quite valuable.  You know: the high points,
>I wonder

>I wonder if write-ups can/should be offered to SAGE.

[Reasoning elided; it's in the original message -- dhw]

I strongly encourage this.

>Having that interest, I've wanted SAGE to take a role where it
>helps local groups more.  One of the easy ways is to enable
>communication.

Quite so.

>Perhaps a write up, perhaps summary/trimmed or in full, of the
>BayLISA meeting notes might be of value to SAGE and ;login.

Aye.

>If it leads to other groups doing the same, then pressure is
>reduced on all the groups.  But also it allows groups to "steal"
>ideas; that's not harmful in the .org realm.

I'd think th epressure would be "increased," not "reduced" -- but that
could merely be a matter of different perceptions.

>Is there objection to BayLISA participating in a SAGE publication
>like this? (presuming SAGE wants).

Certainly not from me (FWIW in your local currency).

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I do not "unsubscribe" from email "services" to which I have not explicitly
subscribed.  Rather, I block spammers' access to SMTP servers I control,
and encourage others who are in a position to do so to do likewise.