Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Thu Jun 17 13:32:22 PDT 2004

Jim Hickstein wrote:

> Concur.  All that about electronic media is, if not wrong, at least not to
> the point here.  I went to BayLISA meetings to get _away_ from my computer
> for a few hours.

As a former regular attendee who's moved away and started consulting, I'd love
to be able to download the meetings in any digital format (VCD images, MPG/AVI
files or streams, etc) to watch in my spare time.  They used to be broadcast on
the MBONE, but as a consultant I don't get much say in whether or not it's
allowed through the firewall, so I haven't seen a meeting in about 7 years...

Obviously I don't pay the $35 fee anymore, but I'd be willing to pay it if I
knew I could download the meetings and presentations.  A few guys like me would
surely pay for the resources to serve the content I'd think.  Bittorrent might
be a good distribution mechanism....

Rich