Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Jun 15 19:57:24 PDT 2004

> 	so maybe its time to let new board people in

"Let"?  Historically, we've had trouble finding enough candidates in
November to make it a real election, or sometimes to fill up seven seats at
all.  Anyone can run (we figured out that the bylaws don't require you to
be a member to win, only to vote :-), and anyone can volunteer to be on the
election nominating committee, or help out organizing.

Let's see a candidate's statement!  November isn't that far away, and the
sooner we get a statement, the sooner there's some grist for a web page
about this.  (Oh.  Gee.  I guess I should come up with such a statement
myself.  I was thinking about running for board, but recusing myself from
any office -- elected by the new board, ya know -- for distance reasons.
If people think I've had enough fun directing this and should go away,
their votes will be counted!)

> - people go to meetings to socialize and/or listen to the speaker
>   or go for the post meetings

Concur.  All that about electronic media is, if not wrong, at least not to
the point here.  I went to BayLISA meetings to get _away_ from my computer
for a few hours.