BayLISA -> BayISSA

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Thu Jun 17 09:54:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 07:35:43AM -0700, richard childers / kg6hac wrote:
> Another thing to think about is the exclusivity implies by the acronum
> 'LISA'.

It's my understanding that the expansion of the acronym fell by
the wayside some time ago, and that "LISA" is no longer expanded.
At least, that was what I've been given to understand by the
USENIX folks I've talked to.

As BayLISA's inspired by that conference, both in name and content,
I see no reason why we couldn't just drop the expansion and keep
the name.  After all, it's got a certain cachet.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org