Seeking Zope/Plone hosting and Systems Administration

Ken Malone ken at malones.org
Wed Jun 16 16:28:34 PDT 2004

> That means that you can take the average Zope server serving content
at
> http://my.dom.ain and go to http://my.dom.ain/manage to get the
management
> interface.

We use a Zope access-rule script for loading Plone as the root page and
mapping the management path to a fire-wall protected high port. There
are also ways to configure IP authentication entirely within Zope. I
certainly agree with you about proxying since Apache has many security
and scalability advantages over Zope native webservice.

Ken