Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Strata R Chalup strata at virtual.net
Wed Jun 16 12:19:11 PDT 2004

Thanks very much for the apology!  I was being very careful to leave
names out of it, and we have several backup speakers so it's
noble of you to step forward and own that.   You've been doing a ton
of stuff for BayLISA and have a lot of other projects as well, so
I completely understand being swamped.

The 'on the hook' blurb sounds like a good idea.  I seem to recall
that we used to do that at one point, but those things never migrated
into the TWiki.

So, other backup speakers, if you have TWiki access please create an
entry with your canned blurb.  Do keep in mind that it should be for
a talk that you already have at least 50% prepared!

If we return to our practice of just declaring a backup speaker at
the Board meeting before that General meeting, then the backup speaker
will have plenty of time to prepare.  Where we are getting into trouble
is trying to come up with a last minute speaker who isn't a standard
backup speaker, and thus holding the announcement past its normal send
date.

cheers,
Strata