Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Tue Jun 15 13:32:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:09:41PM -0700, Strata R Chalup wrote:
> I got a verbal one-line blurb from our backup speaker via cellphone
> last night.  Not even an email, just a cellphone call.

I repeat my apology of being under the gun of the allergy monster.
I seem to be better today for what that's worth.

I'd like to request that the next backup speaker "on the hook" prep your
title and your blurb - and your bio if you want to - even if you don't
feel inclined to do your slide kit until you're tagged It.  That will
allow us to be able to put you on in the push of a button instead of
holding up things any further if things are already past "late".

With no further ado here's a much more proper blurbo.

Pass Thru Auto Bot:  Technical Support's automated responder

First conceived as a gentle form of a receptionist for the email
queue, this autobot became the handiest "new hire" for technical support
teams at more than one large company, and made a friendlier customer
experience at the same time.  "Hiring" your bot takes some planning,
preventing its use as a thirdparty spammer, and some sense of the
corporate image to portray, but the effort is well worth it.
Procmail is found in all modern variants of UNIX.  Last we'll look
at the potential beyond its original uses, for any helpdesk environment.

. . . . .

Heather Stern, Starshine Technical Services
www.starshine.org/star/

Heather Stern has been an active system administrator for many years,
a professional in the Silicon Valley area since 1995, and is especially
well known in the local Linux community as an expert in laptops, unusual
hardware configurations, and the X window system.  She last spoke for
BayLISA in 1999.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078