Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Tue Jun 15 13:55:12 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:19:53PM -0700, Daniel Curry wrote:
>     If some of you had not noticed, but Goggle is the worst case hear
> in the valley. They are constantly sending out "ghost jobs."

Define 'ghost jobs'?

To the best of my knowledge, all of Google's jobs are real and, if you're
the Son of God and can walk on water, you could actually get them.

At Google, much like everywhere else, it pays to know someone who can get
your resume in; while they're large enough, at this point, that it seems
that "Oh, that guy knows this person, lets give them a job" is definitely
not the case, I do think they look at internally-submitted resumes a little
harder (and you benefit by actually knowing where in the process your
resume is -- it looks like internal submitters are automatically updated as
to the status of the resume, including steps that applicants are not told
about, like "Oh, I guess it's good enough for someone who actually knows
about the job to look at the resume.").

Disclaimer: I don't work for Google

-roy