UNIX scheduler product

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Tue Jun 15 11:37:39 PDT 2004

Quoting Marco Nicosia (marco at escape.org):
> We've looked at Computer Associate's AutoSys, but it seemed to be
> overkill for a simple centralized cron-replacement. It's a part of
> CA's massive UniCenter line.

Forgot about this.  Yeah, we used to use this at a client on
around 500 machines (pre-CA. CA buying a company tripped an
expiration clause in our contracts usually sending us scrambling
for replacements).

If this is too complex for the OP, then perhaps offering detail of
goals and tasks is warranted.

As I said, I believe CFEngine can be pretty powerful in some simpler
cases of distributed cron (or even just distribuTING crontab files).