throw away - Re: Datacenter tools?

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Sun Jun 6 10:21:10 PDT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Rich Holland wrote:
> My IBM pSeries will suck lint against the front cover when dropped from 1-2
> feet away, the fans are so strong... excellent fan design.

I had a particular fright when I was working alone in the [company]
datacenter one night.  If you picture the scene... it's late, the lights
are dim, it's just the mainframes and cabinets chattering away, and I'm
concentrating on trying to sort out this recalcitrant sun box

Suddenly I feel something pulling my head backwards...

I -know- there's nobody there... I think...

Turns out that the fans on the back of that row of IBM gear were just
strong enough to grab onto my hair. Gah!

cheers!