throw away - Re: Datacenter tools?

Sat Jun 5 16:42:37 PDT 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Michael T. Halligan wrote:

> Oddly enough, I used to work with Dowdle a couple of years ago,  and we
> hosted @ exodus.. We had a trash can in our datacenter.. We needed one,
> our ceo made us use homebuilt servers, and we were throwing out failed
> junk once a week :)

i assume you were throwing away fans and power supply and disks ??

one needs good fans and ps ...

motherboards rarely fail, at lest the ones i use, same fo no problems fans
and ps too, but is fun to see all the dead fans/ps at colo's
- remember the make and model numbers of the ones that are dead

c ya
alvin