lpr/cups (was laptops)

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Sun Jul 25 18:50:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Jim Trocki wrote:

> this is why it's a good idea to write and maintain a set of howto
> documents for use by everyone responsible for dealing with the system
> so they can cheat and refer to them to quickly find out how to do
> common tasks.

Hey, can you send some of those users who read documentation/FAQs
over to my customer site?  Cause the people I work for can't even
write down what they want us to do, much less figure out how to do
something for themselves.

> "dragging and dropping" imho is not a natural and instinctive behavior.
> you have to learn it just like you have to learn "lpc move" or learn
> how to refer to the faq or system documentation.

That all depends on what OS you "grew up on"--and I doubt that the
business admin support staff "grew up" bashing around a CLI.

=Nadine=