lpr/cups (was laptops)

Jim Trocki trockij at transmeta.com
Sun Jul 25 11:36:41 PDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Chuck Yerkes wrote:

> An adept administrator.
>
> Vs. a secretarial level person.  Vs. a guy at the printer who has
> given up on getting ol' ps1 to work.
>
> 10 years ago I was bored with requests, taking me from my *real*
> work, asking me to redirect the ps1 queue to ps2.

this is why it's a good idea to write and maintain a set of howto
documents for use by everyone responsible for dealing with the system
so they can cheat and refer to them to quickly find out how to do
common tasks.

"dragging and dropping" imho is not a natural and instinctive behavior.
you have to learn it just like you have to learn "lpc move" or learn
how to refer to the faq or system documentation.