pkgsrc/osx Re: Reliable laptops around $1k?

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Fri Jul 23 20:24:29 PDT 2004

Quoting Deirdre Saoirse Moen (deirdre at deirdre.net):
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Nick Christenson wrote:
>
> And if you don't mind BSD too much, you can skip the Linux part entirely.
>
> I love my iBook. :)

And have I recently mentioned that I really like (not quite love)
NetBSD's pkgsrc on OS X?   (It's their instance of /usr/ports/ on
Mac OS X, Solaris and now AIX, Linux and working on OSF/1).

cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/mutt ; /usr/pkg/bin/bmake install package clean

and I get a REAL mail reader for the Mac.

(and for ELM curmudgeons, that works too).

Love will come when cyrus 2.2 compiles right.