"Strong Scripting Skills" - a definition?

Sun Jan 25 02:56:29 PST 2004

hi ya

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Jesse Adelman wrote:

> Hi, all. This may be a question whose answer is "If you have to ask,
> you don't have them." ;) I'm a Linux/*NIX sysadmin, and I've seen
> always seen positions that require "strong scripting skills". I've

i think "the proper definition" is, can you do the task at hand
for the budget in $$$ and time they ( randomly or intelligently )
allocated for the properly defined task  and that someone else
can maintain it for years

or that you know they are pulling !@#$% out of thin air

c ya
alvin