CfP: AFS Best Practices Workshop

jimd at starshine.org jimd at starshine.org
Fri Jan 23 12:28:17 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:42:27AM -0800, Alf Wachsmann wrote:

>                      Call for Papers and Participation
>                         AFS Best Practices Workshop
>                             March 24-26, 2004 at
>              Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Menlo Park, CA
>              http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/AFSBestPractices

> Purpose of the Workshop:
> * Bring together AFS novices and AFS experts
> * Learn about AFS tools
> * Learn about AFS best practices

 Alf,

 I would count as an AFS novice.  However, I've been a Linux sysadmin
 for many years, and I've read about AFS for several years.  I'm
 curious about it.

 I'm also one of the editors for the Linux Gazette
 (http://www.linuxgazette.net)

 I'd like to see if we can get an article on OpenAFS done for one of our
 upcoming issues --- perhaps in time to attract some more people to this
 workshop.  I'd love to see AFS get some more widespread attention and
 momentum --- 'til it's truly an alternative to NFS for average small to
 medium sized offices.

 So, do you have any suggestions on who might write or co-author such an
 article for us?

--
Jim Dennis