CfV [Call for Volunteer(s)] -- internal BayLISA stuff

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Mon Feb 23 00:18:16 PST 2004

> David,
>
> I went snoopin' around my Solaris 8 x86 install and see that I have gcc
> 2.95.3. Not that we need it, but if you want to run Solaris 8 on the BayLiSA
> server, you should really make it current and place the latest Companion CD
> on it.

Recall that physical access isn't exactly easy these days.  Doesn't make
it impossible :)

> Do you know which MU the machine is rev'd at?
>
> Solaris 8 02/02 is the latest. If you have 02/02 (possibly MU 7 or MU 8) we
> can replace the Companion CD easy enough.
>
> Please let me know. If you don't prefer to do that, please give a reason why
> as I don't think it's good to run it with less than current patches.

Thanks for offering to help, it's very much appreciated.  I personally
agree with Chuck's opinion of its vi...

Mind you, I offered to set it up with Debian/Sparc, but at the time
(when we switched to this hardware) it seemed very easy to continue
to run on Solaris... seems like we have plenty of Solaris admins around
in BayLISA, right? :)   We'd planned to build the main useful things from
upstream sources anyway.

-* Heather Stern * President, BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-