CfV [Call for Volunteer(s)] -- internal BayLISA stuff

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Fri Feb 20 22:13:40 PST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 21:02, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> David,
>
> I can help you get it up and going. You say it has the gcc 2.95.2 compiler,
> and presumably that's from the Companion CD, loaded in /opt/sfw.
>
> I don't have a SPARC machine at home, but do have a Solaris x86 system
> running Solaris 8 02/02 with the latest Companion CD on it.

David,

I went snoopin' around my Solaris 8 x86 install and see that I have gcc
2.95.3. Not that we need it, but if you want to run Solaris 8 on the BayLiSA
server, you should really make it current and place the latest Companion CD
on it.

Do you know which MU the machine is rev'd at?

Solaris 8 02/02 is the latest. If you have 02/02 (possibly MU 7 or MU 8) we
can replace the Companion CD easy enough.

Please let me know. If you don't prefer to do that, please give a reason why
as I don't think it's good to run it with less than current patches.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.