Social Hacking [was: "Strong Scripting Skills" - a definition?]

Wed Feb 4 12:11:25 PST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Danny Howard wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:47:02PM -0800, Jeff Younker wrote:
> [...]
> > Finally she changed the subject line of the resumes she
> > was emailing out.  She changed the subject from 'Java
> > coder...yada yada yada' to 'American Citizen. Canadian
> > trained engineer. Suma cum laude.'
>
> My last two jobs came from posting my resume on Craigslist.  But right
> before I accepted this one, I was asked to interview after I sent a poem
> in as a cover letter. :)

yup.. people always get hired due to "social issues"
( communication style, common hobbies/interests, get-along-skills

other people get hired for better than average "technical abilities"
	- techie skills are easily hired and layed off

good to see re-affirmations of the "how to get hired hypothesis"

c ya
alvin