Computer Room Environmental monitoring, Legal --> DNS question

Tim Mitchell trm at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 23 13:41:44 PDT 2004

	All,

	two very different questions.

	1) I am curious what Production/devices/tools you might use to
monitor your computer rooms remotely to ensure the Air conditioning is
keeping the temp to a reasonable  level and that the Utility electrical
power has not yet failed over to UPS.  These would provide an alert should
there be a failure of Air Conditioning or Utility electrical power. I have
found two such products which I am still looking into further, any comments
about them or similar are certaily appreciated. We do use Nagios to monitor
various servers where I work. The products I have come across are:

	a) http://www.eesensors.com
	b) http://www.weathershop.com.temptrax-E.htm

	2) I came across an ISP/Network Provider based in a different
state which has an IP address block registered to a organization of the
same name as my employer. My employer does not have an office in the
city in question. An abuse issue was submitted to abuse@ myemployer with
the IP address in question from someone who reasonably thought the
two were connected. This issue is both abuse and also mis-use of corporate
name in registration of the IP address block. Other than contacting the
Legal department where I work any other suggestions are welcome.

	Tim Mitchell
	trm at eskimo.com