What OS & mail client do -you- use?

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Mon Oct 27 21:47:19 PST 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:39:25PM -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:25:39PM -0800, Scott Doty wrote:
> >
> >    "/usr/bin/netscape -remote 'openURL($URL)'"
> >
> > ...either on my work machine, or home machine via ssh, depending on my
> > $DISPLAY variable.
>

> Sorry, I should have been more specific:  I don't tunnel X11 via ssh.

Well, this is minimal tunnelling via ssh.  It is commanding the browser,
running on whatever machine I'm physically sitting at, to load the requested
URL.  In other words, it remote-controls the browser on the local machine.

This can be done from any machine with netscape/mozilla/whatever, and with
X11 forwarding set up.

 -Scott