What OS & mail client do -you- use?

Shelley L. Shostak sls at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 27 09:46:57 PST 2003

Well, at work we have Exchange rammed down our throats, but at least they did
not disable IMAP, so I can continue to use pine.  I used /usr/ucb/Mail for
years until I discovered that Sun's implemenataion had good features but SGIs
did not (it did not support refresh while reading mail).  So I switched to
pine and use that on whatever platform I can.  I chose my home ISP based on
whether or not I had login access so that I cound use pine.  Web based mailers
(squirrel and one other that I do not recall) and I did not particularly like
them.  But then I am still awaiting the re-emergence of monochrome monitors.
Except for web browsing, I require only black and white.  As for OS, pine on
any flavor of unix is great, but the PC version is well.... PC and I could not
get my favorite editor (jove) integrated with it.  pico is not jove and my
fingers have a mind of their own.

Shelley