Free Course: Implementing Effective Business Contracts (resend)

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 15 08:54:11 PDT 2003

[More delays caused by posting content which will be (and was)
intercepted to await an ooportunity for me to review it.  And this is
the first opportunity I've had to do so.  -- postmaster@]

Rick,

Now that you've explained it to me, it's clear to me that this text -

	[More delays because of HTML & my schedule.]

... is probably from someone, explaining to you - or perhaps from you,
explaining to someone else - why the message's propagation was delayed -
it was delayed because of the inline HTML, and their schedule (whatever
that means).

If you folks were half as organized as you'd like to appear, you'd have
written a filter that detected inline HTML, rejected the posting, and
attached a friendly note explaining why, instead of handling exceptions
manually and justifying them with allegory, metaphor, and rhetoric.

Of course, you'd probably end up rejecting the majority of the postings,
and there would be calls to drop this requirement. I mean, I understand
the bias towards text as well as anyone, but this is the 21st century
now, rich text is here to stay. And this is the San Francisco Bay Area,
not Pakistan, or Uganda.

Anyhow, it seems to me that insofar as you have not allowed my protest
regarding being misquoted to propagate, you are allowing a false state
of affairs to persist, presumably to maintain the impression that you
are above making mistakes; at my expense, incidentally.

Don't expect me to regard this as acceptable behavior. It's shoddy
leadership, at best.

-- richard