Dedicated server hosting? -- good stuff

Alvin Oga alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com
Mon May 26 01:41:38 PDT 2003

hi ya michael

nice to get feedback .... yuppers... i agree on all points
( even nicer when its "thats what i see too" )

but, my sillyness, tells me i want to be able to drive up to
the "whacky box" withing 30min of me finding out its not
responding ...
	- i dont like other people playing with my servers

and since i dont need much bandwidth... i rather host it
locally in my office :-) .. a good t1 is way better than a colo ..
until ...
	- if power goes out... oh well ... take the time
	off to go goof off i guess

	- luckily, santa clara and palo alto has their own power
	and doesn't rely on PGE's silly russian roullette with
	its power management ... and summer is here ..

> Agreed. Uptime costs money, and requires experience.

.. yuppers ..

experience on those looking for colo space too ... :-)

c ya
alvin