Dedicated server hosting?

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Sun May 25 19:05:16 PDT 2003

Jake,

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I'm starting a new
dedicated hosting company.  We're going "live" June 1st, but already
have a few customers (mainly customers of mine I've been hosting.
We sell rackspace for $50/U and bandwidth for $125/mbit. We've got
a couple of 100mbit pipes from different providers.  I'll attach our
"standard marking text" so you can get some pricing.

Our website is at www.bigserverhosting.com, but we're still putting
everything into our templates (my partner wrote it in a non-english
language, now I get to help him translate.. fun fun) so the attachment
is the better source of information..

Check it out, and send me an email, we might be able to work something out.

-------------------
Michael T. Halligan
Chief Geek
Halligan Infrastructure Designs.
http://www.halligan.org/
2250 Jerrold Ave #11
San Francisco, CA 94124-1012
(415) 824.4453 - Home/Office
(415) 724.7998 - Mobile

Option one :

Athlon XP 2200
512MB DDR PC3200
40GB mirrored storage
Remote Reboot
Remote Serial Console Access
Includes weekly backups, with daily incremental backups, of up to 30GB,
stored for 2 weeks (at any given time you can access 3 weeks worth
of backups)

Price: $160/mo including 1Mbp/s (324GB of download) $100 setup

Option two :

Athlon XP 2200
1024MB DDR PC3200
80GB mirrored storage
Remote Reboot
Remote Serial Console Access
Includes weekly backups, with daily incremental backups, of up to 50GB,
stored for 2 weeks (at any given time you can access 3 weeks worth of backups)
Price: $200/mo including 1Mbp/s (324GB of download) $100 setup

Athlon XP 2200
2048MB DDR PC3200
120GB mirrored storage
Remote Reboot
Remote Serial Console Access
Includes weekly backups, with daily incremental backups, of up to 100GB, stored for 2 weeks
(at any given time you can access 3 weeks worth of backups)
Price: $220/mo including 1Mbp/s (324GB download) $100 setup

- Extra Bandwidth is $125/mbits (324GB download).

---------------
* Notes: All Servers come with hardware raid in a raid-1 configuration.  This means if a hard-drive
fails, we can just reboot it into the second hard drive with no data loss and rather minimal
downtime.

All servers come with dual ethernet adapters. The second ethernet adapter, by default, is used on
a private subnet (each customer gets their own private subnet) for administrative purposes such
as backups and software/configuration updates. If your application is very database or storage
intensive, there are options to rent out high-performance file-servers/database servers and have
a secure, private, dedicated connection to them over this subnet.

All backups are done onto a large, redundant RAID-5 file server, which in itself is backed up to tape
nightly