job posting: IT contractor for Addamark Technologies

Adam Sah asah at wonderlan.midgard.net
Thu May 1 00:52:37 PDT 2003

We're looking for an IT contractor for the following opportunity:
- Part time, either half days or 2 days a week.
- Local to downtown SF, i.e. so office visits aren't a big deal
- Reliable, dependable
- We have an email+web based work queue system already up (based on bugzilla)
  i.e. we can make sure work items make sense before assigning
- We're well-known to the baylisa/midgard/kabuki folks, and can provide
  numerous references that we're (a) technically clueful, (b) reasonable
  people and (c) pay our bills on time and without hassle.

Skills needed:
  - Linux
  - Basic networking (route, dhcp, named, ssh, wireless)
  - apache
Nice-to-have skills:
  - Solaris, Windows (light desktop, outlook and printing support for 2K,XP)
  - Advanced Linux networking (iptables, iproute2, cbq, qos)
  - Kickstart
  - mysql, bugzilla

Background
   My company's IT needs have outgrown our early-startup approach of using
   internal resources combined with occasional contracts, and we now need
   someone to "take ownership" for IT, if only part-time.  Although nobody's
   saying it yet, it's my prediction (as co-founder+CTO+board member) that
   this job will quickly become full-time if sales continue their ascent.
   Reliability is really key here-- we need someone who won't flake or
   "disappear" and not respond to emails.  OTOH, we have numerous techies and
   friends-of-the-company who can fill in technical gaps.

About Addamark Technologies
 - Location: downtown SF, convenient from bay bridge, caltrain, 280, 101.
   two blocks from montgomery BART.
 - Funded by first-tier venture capital firms, household-name customers.
 - For more information: http://www.addamark.com/
 - Principals only, no recruiters and we mean it.
 - Please send resumes to itstarneeded at addamark.com

adam