Enterprise file management software

Derek Wong derek at radiancenetworks.com
Wed Mar 26 17:24:24 PST 2003

Greetings,

I've been assigned to look for beta sites for a cool enterprise
file management product called File IQ described below.

File IQ automates tasks like migration and replication of file system
volumes and provides end-users with a way to access network
storage files through a unified virtual directory view for ease-of-use.

We are looking for beta sites with Microsoft Windows environments
having 100+ users and at least a few servers acting as file servers.

File IQ really improves the end-user experience and reduces/eliminates
many manual tasks in storage management.

If you might be interested or know someone else that this would
help, please contact me at 408-927-7940 or derek at radiancenetworks.com.
If you email me, please include a phone number so we can discuss.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
Derek Wong
Radiance Networks
408-927-7940

About File IQ
------------------
IT Departments are facing high costs and less-than-optimal quality
for file services because currently available management tools
are not specifically designed for managing heterogeneous networks
of file/NAS servers.

Based on Radiance Networks' market study, 70%+ of the management cost
is associated with tasks occurring above the level of an individual file/NAS
server.
Therefore, individual server management systems, no matter how efficient and
well-designed, cannot reduce the bulk of the cost.  Such tasks include file
system
migration and expansion, working around server failures, resource
monitoring,
and user administration.  Trying to perform these functions without a good
enterprise file management system is costly, ineffective, inefficient and
unreliable.
Existing SAN management tools manage block data but do not perform
enterprise file management.

To properly address this enterprise file management problem,
Radiance Networks has developed File IQ with a very powerful feature set
to effectively manage file resources on large and mid-sized networks.

For example, migrating a file system conventionally takes several hours
or days of IT time to accomplish.  Using File IQ, a migration can be set-up
in two minutes and then executed automatically by the File IQ appliance
software.

File IQ is also very end-user focused rather than being purely an IT manager
tool.
Consolidated virtual directory views of file resources make it much easier
for users
to find and share files.   Using File IQ, data migration or file/NAS server
failure
that conventionally disrupts end-users can be virtually eliminated through
File IQ's data replication and automatic rerouting of traffic.

File IQ is currently available for Windows environments.
A UNIX/Linux version will follow.