Trouble ticketing systems?

Dmitry Kohmanyuk Дмитрий Кохманюк dk+baylisa at farm.org
Fri Jun 20 10:55:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:12:16AM -0700, Alex Lee wrote:

> You might want to check out Request Tracker(RT). It has email
> interface that works just like you described. I never use it though.
> So I guess a lot of people has the same requirement as yours.

I use it and it works wonderfully (or, semi-wonderfully ;) - when it receives
a new message, it collapses original cc: and to: lines into virtual mailing
list and makes sure all ticket responces go to all parties involved.

you can update addresses in tickets on the web as well (in particular, add or remove
cc: members.)

Note that there are 2 versions - 2.0 and 3.0;  2.0 is more stable but 3.0 has
more features...  documentation is here:

3.0: http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs.html
2.0: http://fsck.com/rtfm/