If there were justice in our industry ...

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Wed Jul 16 11:17:14 PDT 2003

> Market forces are whats best for the long term health of the economy.
> Societies have proven that protectionism doesn't work.  The longer you
wait
> the harder the pain is.  Change is painful, but inevitable.

Ummm.  I can't let that one go.  That's a logical fallicy.

"Market forces" are good because competition results in lower
prices for consumers, more efficient use of resources, more
innovation, etc.  However it is arguable that many market
unregulated segments natually tend towards monopolies. (This
is often driven by economies of scale.)   We know that
monopolies are not in the long term interest of the economy.
They essentially result in a centrally controlled economy for a
given market segment. Therefore in the long term "market
forces" do not necessarily lead to healthy results for the
economy.

-jeff