'Dumb & Dumber' Seeks 'Best & Brightest'

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Mon Jul 14 16:08:40 PDT 2003

> Well, given that as I mentioned above, I spent six months without a single
> reply and then had three companies go after me in two weeks, I have to
> agree (and seriously, for those of you still searching -- good luck.  My
> best wishes.  I know how much it absolutely sucks).

April/June seems to be an upswing point.  After four months with a
trickle of positions I had two offers in a week with another two or
three hot ones in the pipe.  Several other friends had the same thing
happen.  Suddenly we have much less time for drinking, but much
more beer money.

> Explains something about the successful route to finding a job -- ignore
> the HR people.  Go around them.

Yup.  That's how I got my current position and most of my interviews.
Don't go through the front door.  Drink with the Janitors.

-jeff