'Dumb & Dumber' Seeks 'Best & Brightest'

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 11 19:25:05 PDT 2003

Rereading what I wrote earlier today, I left out one important detail.

The scariest aspect of this whole situation is that the current crop of
recruiting agents are taking all of their instructions from the
customers, who are, of course, footing the bill ... but that their
customers - the least technical, least expensive, least competent
employees left behind, frequently totally devoid of technical expertise
and understanding - are relying on these same placement firms to provide
the expertise that they, themselves, are missing, internally ... yet,
they, the customers, are too technically challenged to realize that the
recruiters they are working with are from the exact same mold that they,
themselves stepped from.

Hence the title, 'Dumb & Dumber'; neither of these two parties has a
clue as to the dynamics of the situation in which they are involved,
they both keep looking to one another for guidance, and they keep going
around, and around, and around, ad infinitum, while the rest of us watch
and wonder when they are going to get dizzy and fall down.

'Nuff sed.

-- richard