DNA kiosks was Re: Wireless questions

Benjamin Feen benjy at feen.com
Fri Jan 31 09:48:24 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:19:21AM -0500, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
> It's possible that Jamie Zawinski's linux kiosk code might be of
> interest as a "micro-ISP" for the apartment complex.   You can find
> it at:
>
> http://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/src/kiosk/
>
> I haven't tried using it yet.  We keep nudging Jamie to come speak
> at BayLISA about running these free kiosks at his club, but he doesn't
> get down the peninsula very often.

I use the kiosks every now and then; they really do seem to be
usable and solid.  One thing I don't think is mentioned on that
page: the flatscreens have been made more abuse-proof with Plexiglas
or something like it, since some vandal (visigoth?) punched a monitor
out.

It's such a nice thing to be able to go to a club while oncall,
knowing that you'll be able to sit down in a corner and ssh out if
necessary...

Benjamin Feen
benjamin(AT)feen.com
http://www.monkeybagel.com