bad customers and court cases

alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com
Thu Jan 30 13:35:00 PST 2003

hi ya sysadminers

donno if this is off topic or not...but am betting
that some of you been thru this loop before...
and maybe entertaining to those that havent yet had the pleasure
of bad clients

just curious if any of you have taken your ex-clients to
court ( small claims in my case )

anyway .. they didnt pay their invoices..
	so i filed suit... and the fun starts

they in turn claiming all kinds of jibberish for non-payment
long after 1-2 month the contract ended

- one of their made up invoices is to bill me for not providing
  passwds ... that they spent $3500 to get root acces amongst
  3 people w/ PhDs

- yes, i told um to do  the following on linux boxes

	reboot
	lilo# init 1
	# passwd
	reboot

	but their wanna-be nt weinnies dont get it...some of them
	w/ PhDs ... actually lots of um "claim" to have PhDs

- and it took them 3 weeks to move a working lan from the old office
  to their new offices...
	- i say just change the wan ip# on the router and they would
	have been done

- other hilarious part ... they moved their dns servers at
	networksolutions and blame me and billed me for going offline :-)
	( they had fri-sat-sun to make sure its all right.. but didnt do
	so )

=
= anyway... how you can help ??
=
	- please forward me offline, that you can get into a linux
	box ( when you're sitting in front of it ) ... that you can
	get into any linux box in a matter of 2-3 minutes
	( few seconds from the lilo prompt )
		- only first names will be used to show that
		people ( competent ones ) can get into any linux box in
		a few minutes

	- nope.. i didnt install any passwd to lilo ...

-- putting on the asbestos just in case :-)

thanx
alvin