Managed Security Monitoring Services vs In House Monitoring

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 15:31:26 PST 2003

Hey all.  I'd like to recommend an inquiry to Protectix.com, which is a
security consulting and appliance company based mostly on open source software
and falling back to whichever tools are best for the given job.  They produce
their own open-source-based firewall and VPN appliances.  They do IPsec VPNs on
openbsd which are able to peer with a lot of proprietary and weird VPN setups
if needed.  So they know the range of what's out there in the wild.  They can
do ongoing monitoring, remote management, on-call 24x7, etc.  And they're the
nicest guys ever.  Call Kevin at 408-557-6995.