Reply-To header (was: Re: Grammar and Munging [was Re: Paid Sun Patches])

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Feb 18 15:27:29 PST 2003

>Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:55:13 -0800
>From: Danny Howard <dannyman at toldme.com>

>* notices mail header.

>Hey, Chuck, have you read http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>?  Apparently the BayLISA list doesn't munge the Reply-to: headers,

You got that right.  Your current postmaster considers Reply-To to be a
header for the author of a message to set to whatever list of addresses
the author chooses -- and not for mailing list management software to
mess with.

Note, by the way, that the word "list" was placed in the above rather
intentionally.  :-)

>* opts not to "fix" his e-mail given the potentially intersting
>discussion among SysAdmins that may ensue.

I expect that there are a lot of folks who, upon reading this part of
the discussion, would find themselves bored to tears....

Cheers,
david       (postmaster at baylisa.org)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
WARNING: Use of Microsoft products may be hazardous to your system's integrity.