Has anyone had a useful interaction with remove at dun.dnsrbl.com??!?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20030213T120724 at wsrcc.com
Thu Feb 13 12:12:45 PST 2003

david at catwhisker.org (David Wolfskill) writes:
> >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> ><holland at guidancetech.com>
> >    (reason: 550 5.2.1 Mailbox unavailable. Your IP address 63.193.123.122 is blacklisted using DNSRBL-DUN. Details: (Dialup) http://www.dnsrbl.com/lookupserver.jsp.)

I'm not a fan of the dialup lists either.  Many of them have made
noises at one time or other of listing all cable-modems and dsl's
irregardless of them being static or dynamic addresses.

  63.193.123.122: IPv4 'adsl-63-193-123-122.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net'

Since pacbell didn't give any meaningful names to the IP addresses
several of the dialup list maintainers assumed that they were dynamic
DSL.  I think most of them have since fixed their listings.  You can
check most of the dnsbl's from this page:

        http://www.moensted.dk/spam/

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)