Has anyone had a useful interaction with remove at dun.dnsrbl.com??!?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Feb 13 09:45:20 PST 2003

>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:31:13 -0800 (PST)
>From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
>To: <david at bunrab.catwhisker.org>
>Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details

>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
><holland at guidancetech.com>
>    (reason: 550 5.2.1 Mailbox unavailable. Your IP address 63.193.123.122 is blacklisted using DNSRBL-DUN. Details: (Dialup) http://www.dnsrbl.com/lookupserver.jsp.)

Y'know, I have never been keen on blocking netblocks merely because they
are home to transiently-connected machines.

And 63.193.123.122 is *not* a dialup, and is *not* dynamic.

I have sent messages to remove at dnsrbl.com twice in the last 5 days,
pointing out that this has been a static assignment since August 1999,
and asking what justifcation they have for listing it in dun.dnsrbl.com.

The only response so far has been one auto-response to each.

If anyone has managed to have a useful interaction with these folks,
please speak up, and let me know how that is done.

In the mean time, I will do what I can to let folks know that choosing
to use that service is also choosing to reject my mail.  For whatever
that might be worth.  :-(!

Not a happy camper,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
WARNING: Use of Microsoft products may be hazardous to your system's integrity.