for your members: SAGE CODE OF ETHICS: Final Draft for Comments

David Parter dparter at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 7 11:48:14 PST 2003

[Note from postmaster at baylisa.org:  This message was directed to
blw at baylisa.org.  I had seen a version of it on the sage-members list,
and my first inclination was to consider that those most directly
affected would be SAGE members, and would have thus had an opportunity
to have seen it on sage-members -- and repeating the message for those
who had already seen it would unlikely be considered a positive thing.

In any case, I saw no reason for the message to be sent to blw -- it is
certainly not more "blw" material than "BayLISA general membership"
material.

As I was about to drop it on the floor, the thought occurred to me that
although there is at this time no relationship between SAGE and BayLISA,
nor may a valid logical inference be made regarding an individual's
status with respect to one, given that individual's status with respect
to the other, there may be considerable value to SAGE, BayLISA, and
individual members, as well as the community in which we live and ply
our craft, to be gained by a broader exposure to a Code of Ethics.

It is for this reason that I have elected to send the message on to
baylisa at baylisa.org.  If you don't like that, please feel free to
contact postmaster@ or blw@; I see no need to drag baylisa@ into such a
meta-discussion at this time.  dhw -- postmaster at baylisa.org]

Please pass this announcement on to your members.

thanks,

	--david

On February 1, 2003, the SAGE Executive Committee approved a new draft
SAGE Code of Ethics for public comment. The comment period will last
until March 5, 2003, at which time the comments will be considered, and
a final draft submitted to the SAGE Executive Committee with a
recommendation.

Please check out the SAGE 2003 Draft Code of Ethics and let us know what
you think:

    http://sageweb.sage.org/about/ethics.html

Comments should be posted to the SAGEwire story:

    http://sagewire.sage.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/07/0227248

thanks,

	--david

David Parter