bad customers and court cases - summary2

alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com
Sat Feb 1 03:33:23 PST 2003

hi ya all ...

thanx for the "insight" ... i think its good practice
for questions that the court will be asking too ... :-)

and, for clarifications ...
	- the small claims case has been filed ... court date
	is coming up

and for another clarification...
	- all the problems of passwd and other issues came
	up AFTER my last day of "official work"

	- all work done after "last day" has NOT been billed
	and is not of the original court case for previous
	months of their unpaid invoices
		ie they got about week - 2 weeks of free help...

	- no problems of work done in previous months and of
	the unpaid invoices.. but, 1.5-2 months AFTER the last
	invoices ... with phony made up excuses of their own boo-boos
	like "passwd problems" which is a 2-5 minute problem
	( an obvious attempt to wiggle out of paying the past due
	  invoices ... or so goes my limited mentality

	- another tidbit... they moved from one bldg to another...
	and i told um i wont be going with them...
	which made them happy ... :-)  ( also was end of my term anyway )

and for other side issues...
	- first thing i do when i go into new clients offices..
	- what's the security and computer/access/network policy
		( 90% does not hve one.. :-)
	- what's the budget for what we're in discussions for
	- what's the task and what was/is their plan of action

	- than i poke holes at it... i mean, give um alternatives
	and probably a lower bid than what they had...
	or more than likely, where they "need help"...

	- end result is usually slightly different or drastically
	different than what they thought they needed... or their
	expected budget... if they agree... we're in biz...
	if not... it was a "free education" on both sides..

and just my style, that i wont get along with micro-managers that
dont know how to setup/admin their boxes/network ... as was this case..
	- lots of flamewars ... i mean education and analysis :-)

	- they had hired at least 3 others i know about, to do the
	same work.. but i'm the one that fixed their problems
	( 1 of whom i'm good buddies with now... so we both
	( crack up at what problems the client got themself into now

	- i think it takes balls... for someone to say... "hey, i hear you're
	  taking over this account, watchout for this, that and foo-bar"
	  that they did or tried or was trying to fix... etc ...

thanx
alvin