Local source for a specific nutdriver?

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Wed Dec 31 14:40:02 PST 2003

> slip-on handle") replacement set; I want to buy a single P10 nutdriver
> (midget 5/16"; amber handle).
>
> I recall having seen individual Xcelite nutdrivers for such sets
> for sale ...  back at ham-shacks and the like when I still lived
> in southern California.
>
> I've checked HSC/Halted, as well as the Fremont Fry's.  And Home Depot;
> I'll likely check OSH next time we head that direction (though I'd
> expect them to stock more Craftsman stuff, since OSH is part of Sears).
>
> I've also checked eBay, amazon.com, yahoo.com, and did a Google search
> (which, I admit, turned up some leads, but shipping a $2.80 piece of
> merchandise across the country seems to be a bit wasteful,; indeed, some
> of the places apparently have (not-obviously-disclosed) "minimum
> purchase quantities").  I'd like to do business "locally" (live in
> Redwood City; work in Fremont now, so just about anywhere roughly
> "between" those works).
>
> I should point out, too, that "new" condition is not a prerequisite.

I believee there's a store that caters to Ham enthusiasts in the same
parking lot as Action computers; walk "north" toward 101 and it's
between there and the next small parking lot section, iirc.

WHether it has this thing, I dunno.  I'll ask Terry if any of the local
electrcial supply carry such things.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078