When a customer burns you.

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Dec 1 13:19:47 PST 2003

I've recently quit a project due to a customer's inability
to pay me on time.  They still have a $15k outstanding debt
to me (billable hours to me, and billable hours of subcontractors
whom I've already paid).  They have money, that's no doubt, so
I'll probably have a good leg to stand on in court.  it's sad
I have to do that.

They informed me they were looking for a new contractor to
"finish the job", and have already called up one of my subcontractors
trying to get them to go in and do the work.  My guys aren't
that stupid, but how can I inform other contractors about the risks
of working with this company? What channels are available?

Michael T. Halligan
Chief Geek
Halligan Infrastructure Designs.
http://www.halligan.org/