Invitation for an online survey by IBM research

Leila A Takayama latakaya at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 22 11:33:20 PDT 2003

Thanks for letting us join in the BayLISA meeting last night! We were
relieved that the pizzas were finished off so that we wouldn't have to eat
leftover pizza for the next few weeks. :) I really appreciate all of the
help that we've received from many BayLISA members already in filling out
our survey.

As a small token of thanks, we are sending out amazon.com gift
certificates via email to everyone who fills it out.

If you missed the BayLISA meeting last night, I'll reintroduce myself. I'm
a student intern at IBM Research this summer and my project is studying
the work practices of system administrators in order to inform the design
of future sys admin tools. I am not a marketing researcher. I study
Human-Computer Interaction. Please feel free to voice your opinions here
because issues you raise will be included in our write-ups for
publications in the ACM as well as at a panel presentation at the upcoming
LISA conference. In this way, we are aiming to influence the future
development of sys admin tools by both IBM and non-IBM companies.

The online version of the survey is here:
https://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/4551/sysadmin.htm

It usually takes about 20 minutes to fill out so if you've got some
downtime, we welcome your input!

If you have any questions regarding the survey or the project, please
contact me directly and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks a bunch!

Leila

IBM Almaden Research Center .:. Summer Intern
User Sciences and Experiences Research (USER)
Mentor: Eser Kandogan <eser at us.ibm.com>