postmasterly responsibilities

richard childers / kg6hac fscked at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 22 07:51:00 PDT 2003

David,

I couldn't help but notice that in your last mail, disavowing
responsibility for anything related to the 'chat' mailing list,
specifically, that you omitted identifying whom had assumed this
responsibility.

It does not seem unreasonable to ask if, when you requested that you be
relieved of responsibility for the 'chat' mailing list ... or were
relieved of responsibility for it, by the Board of Directors ... if, by
any chance, the Board of Directors identified the individual(s) to whom
they were transferring this responsibility?

It also seems fairly straightforward to wonder why the Board of
Directors would relieve you of all responsibility for the -one- mailing
list that requires the -least- work ... insofar as it has no limits on
what may be discussed, the last time we discussed this. Can you cast any
light on this decision?

Also, where might I see the minutes of the Board of Directors' meetings,
if I were so inclined as to scrutinize them?

They -are- public records, right?

(Perhaps they are already on the website? No, they don't seem to be. Why
not? Will it be deemed inappropriate, if I publically call for the
minutes to be uploaded, in a timely manner, after each meeting?)

Yours for freedom of speech and representative democracy - and peace,
too, but in that order,

-- richard

Richard Childers
(415) 759-5571