BayLISA tonight!

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Thu Aug 21 15:43:39 PDT 2003

I'm sorry I'm posting this so late in the afternoon!  But if you're
an interrupt driven soul like me, then even belated, it's probably
a good thing I'm mentioning the BayLISA meeting.

Otherwise, you might miss out on seeing Jeremy Allison talk about the
all new goodies in Samba 3.0, how many CIFS vendors can squirm about his
recent keynote, and all around good stuff.  If you've been in hiding
from filesharing services (can't blame you) - Samba is the stuff that
speaks with MS Windows peer-to-peer networks, among others.

	Where - Just In Case You're Confused -
		De Anza Building Three.
		Blue Apples Parking Lot.
		Just south of Mariani, and north of "Donut Wheel".
		South of 280 at de Anza, North of Stevens Creek.

	When - 7:30 pm to 9:30... ih, maybe 10.
		Perfectly fine to show up at 7 pm.
		Announcements ok at the microphone, keep it short.

	After - some of us may head out to dinner
		Our choices are slim though
		- BJs close by
		- Duke of Edinburgh pub at Wolfe, one exit away
		- TGI Fridays, same freeway exit
		- a chinese place south on De Anza but before
		  Stevens Creek

Membership Specials
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the last month we will be having our Two For One membership
special.  Individuals only, same type of members, one must be a
completely new never-bee-n-a-BayLISA-member-before membership.

Confirm  your membership with the Treasurer to recieve your LNX-BBC
with BayLISA's own art on it.  If you don't use PCs, save it for the
time when you need to rescue one anyway, because we're sysadmins and
they expect us to know about these things...

Request For Cookies
There are rumors that a corporate group will be sponsoring the snacks,
but we're not sure of the details.  However, nothing prevents BayLISA
members form contributing to the snack pile.  Brownies, cheeses,
anything which is not big and mushy enough to require dishes.  Thanks.

I'll see you there!  :D

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-