Anyone else seeing a huge spike in attempts to (ab)use loc-srv (135/tcp)?

Thu Aug 21 15:43:25 PDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Simon Cooper wrote:

> IANAL and don't know much about filing small claims.  Since this loss of use
> of both computing resources and bandwidth is _directly_ related to a flaw in
> Microsoft windows has anyone considered filing a small claim against
> Microsoft?  The actual amounts are unlikely to be large, but Microsoft will
> be obliged to respond to them, if there are 1,000 of them their Lawyer bills
> are going to get large and that may then become a "significant" issue.
>
> I do seem to recall that there is a limit on how many times you can claim in
> small claims court, so this may not be effective over the long term.

no limits per se

in santa clara county...
you can have 2 filings of no more than $5K each over 365 day period

and after that, you can file as many claims as you want for no more then
$2500.oo each

	- small claim fees of abour $22 - $35 range is not an issue
	( if you win, you get it back )

c ya
alvin