Anyone else seeing a huge spike in attempts to (ab)use loc-srv (135/tcp)?

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Thu Aug 21 09:15:05 PDT 2003

I believe the port 135 probes are Blaster, and the spam bounces you're
seeing are the fallout from Sobig.F.

Blaster had a fix released in Mid june or july that nobody applied
(apparantly).  About the time that was starting to get under control,
the new Sobig variant came out in typical fashon.  Like Klez, it forges
sender information from your outlook address book, so anything that
bounces is (incorrectly) routed back to the faked sender...

I've gotten both infected messages as well as bounces.  Spambayes has
handled both magnificently.

Rich
--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");