DSL recommendations?

Simon Cooper ea_baylisa at sfik.com
Wed Aug 13 15:51:20 PDT 2003

I've had exactly the opposite experiences with Speakeasy.  Billing has been
a breeze.  They bill me using a credit card.  I get an email invoice 21 days
in advance of the charges.  The invoice is clearly designed and includes all
relevant details (account number, invoice number, etc).  My payment history
is online and I can print out paper invoices and receipts for my records.

Is there something complicated with your billing arrangements?

>From my experiences their Technical Support has been outstanding - that
includes their first level support.  Whenever I've had a problem (and there
have been very few) they have listened to what I've told them and if they
need me to speak to someone else they have located that person.  I always
give support a chance to help me - I try not to ask questions that they are
not in a position to answer.  If I don't know who I should be speaking with
(like changing my primary Speakeasy email address), I call and explain what
my issue is and ask them to help me contact the right person.

In general, the first level of support has been very knowledgeable about
their infrastructure and proceedures.  They have access to tools that can
determine where connectivity is failing, they can initiate a rebuild of your
DSL configuration and if it might be a problem at the Covad level, submit a
covad trouble ticket.

On the two occasions (in over 2 years)  where a "fix" was needed at their
end, they beat their time estimate by at least 50%.

I am a fussy customer.  I manage the Speadstream modem at my end of the DSL
line.  I feel that I get very reasonable value for the money I pay
Speakeasy.

Simon.