Maybe BayLISA needs a new mailing list

Strata Rose Chalup strata at virtual.net
Sun Apr 13 07:41:23 PDT 2003

David,

This is a great summation of the main mailing lists-- you're
always on top of things!

I think having chat at baylisa.org for general discussions is
a good thing, since folks seem reluctant to post to the main
baylisa@ alias unless they have some serious technical question.
I suspect that the folks who'd be interested in more informal
mailing list socializing with other BayLISA folks would be put
off by the sort of long discussions going on in baylisa-jobs
right now.

What about making baylisa-jobs specifically for "announcements"
rather than just naming an intended audience?  Jobs offered,
jobs sought for, things of interest to job seekers, etc.  Then
create a parallel list, baylisa-jobs-chat (or baylisa-jobs-d),
for discussions related to job seeking in general or triggered
by specific postings that had been sent to the baylisa-jobs list.

What do you think?

cheers,
Strata